FILM.IO DAO VISION
To bring inclusion, diversity, equity and equality to the entertainment industry, Film.io DAO is redefining how movies and television series get made in an open global entertainment marketplace. On the Film.io platform every movie and television project is a DAO proposal where fans show their support by staking FAN governance tokens to a project, sharing the project across the social media world, rating and reviewing projects and interacting with projects in numerous other ways. Projects must pass through filmio’s proprietary DAO consensus mechanism called “Proof of Adoption”. The Proof of Adoption protocol measures a project’s support and adoption rate from DAO members through FAN Token stakes and must hit a certain threshold in order for the project proposal to be adopted and gain access to the Go Score, which is an incentivized journey to greenlight.’
The Film.io DAO is available to anyone, anywhere with a computer and internet access and recognizes the tremendous potential to unite us all in our love and passion for the visual representation of the human condition. Films and television should not come from only one major geographical location but from any place where we can all share in our humanity through storytelling. All of the world’s creative voices should be heard.
Film.io DAO will facilitate member growth, business adoption and the expansion of decentralized finance to better serve the entertainment community. The FAN Token will be utilized in a responsible manner to adhere to core principles and that best support the interests of the global community.
FILM.IO DAO GOVERNANCE
An important key to Film.io governance is equality and fairness. The smart contracts and algorithms have been crafted to ensure that the metrics that determine governance authority are based on reputation, activity, and token holdings which are weighted by Reputation Points to protect from unfair wealth manipulation.
The Film.io Governance Framework is built on scientific models that are continually validated by experts in entertainment and finance. The framework has two distinct components:
● Projects as Proposals: Demonstrative votes used to poll community sentiment towards specific filmmaking projects.
● Executive Proposals: Community driven recommendations that are used to help ratify the rules and parameters of Film.io. Executive votes incorporate community input into changes to Film.io processes and guidelines. The Global Creativity Foundation, the current governing body of Film.io, will be handing an increasing amount of governance to the Film.io DAO over the course of time.
FILM.IO DAO GOVERNANCE PROPOSAL PROCESS
Any member of the Film.io DAO can introduce Project Proposals, however such members will need a free Creator account, and will need to HODL the requisite number of FAN Tokens, as determined from time to time by the herein defined governance process.
Any member of the Film.io DAO can introduce Executive Proposals for improvement that will shape the future of the organization, however, to reduce the introduction of frivolous proposals, DAO members need to spend the requisite number of FAN tokens when submitting a proposal, as determined from time to time by the herein defined governance process. Film.io DAO is currently operating on a soft governance model as we evolve towards hard governance. This means that while proposals shaping the future of Film.io DAO are welcomed, they will be non-binding until we reach the hard governance stage of our roadmap.
During Film.io DAO’s formative stages leading up to hard governance, the Foundation Directors decisions will foster Film.io DAO’s growth using community input as a guideline.
FILM.IO COMMUNITY STANDARDS
Examples of behavior that contributes to a positive environment for our community include:
● Making education a priority, both for ourselves and the wider community.
● Demonstrating empathy and kindness toward other people.
● Embodying the Film.io values.
● Being respectful of differing opinions, viewpoints, and experiences.
● Giving and gracefully accepting constructive feedback.
● Accepting responsibility and apologizing to those affected by our mistakes, and learning from the experience.
● Focusing on what is best not just for us as individuals, but for the overall community.
Examples of unacceptable behavior include:
● The use of sexualized language or imagery, and sexual attention or advances of any kind.
● Trolling, insults, derogatory comments, and personal / political attacks.
● Public or private harassment.
● Publishing others’ private information, such as a home or email address, without their explicit consent.
● Discussing the price of a token or asset, or giving any type of financial advice.
● Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting.
COMMUNITY IMPACT AND ENFORCEMENT GUIDELINES
Film.io Ambassadors will follow the Community Impact and Enforcement Guidelines listed below, in determining the consequences for any action they deem in violation of the Code of Conduct. These consequences affect the member’s ability to participate and interact with Film.io, its community and the Film.io DAO, but do not have any effect on an individual’s ownership of FAN Tokens
Our closed beta phase one is full!
We’ve hit our first milestone for new signups and are no longer accepting new users at this time.
If you weren’t able to get access during this first wave, not to worry—we will be opening more spots in the coming weeks! Please sign up here for your chance at making it into the next wave of invites.
For real-time updates and the chance to win killer prizes, follow us on: