Certain Consents and Right to Object. We may retain your information indefinitely until you request we delete it by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below. If you are a California resident, to the extent provided under California law, you may object in writing to our sale or other sharing of your personal information which is described below, and we will refrain from doing so, without an economic impact on You, except to the extent, if any, that our inability to make use of your data impacts the economic value of our business relationship. If you do not wish to allow us to sell or otherwise share your information, please email us [email protected].
As a condition precedent to your use of this website and participation in the activities and opportunities contemplated hereby, by accepting the Terms and Conditions of Use, and/or using the Sites, Services, and Offerings we provide you expressly agree as follows:
- Your information will be shared with third parties only for the purpose of providing services to you.
- Your information will be transmitted across national boundaries.
- You are aware of your right to object to the contemplated processing of information and will proceed in accordance with this Policy in order to object.
- You are aware of the collection and further processing of various information about you in order to provide the services and opportunities contemplated hereby.
- If you are a European Union resident, you are aware of your ‘right to be forgotten’ under European Union law and to thereby cause the erasure of certain personal data pertaining to you.
- You are aware of your right to withdraw this consent at any time by deleting your account, however, doing so may result in termination of your account and use of our Sites, Services and Offerings.
- You are aware of your right to access, modify and delete data pursuant to notice in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
- With your consent, you also agree that the geo-location data transmitted by your mobile phone or other device equipped with Global Positioning System technology or equivalent may be used by us to send to You targeted advertising or other communications.
To request account deletion please click this link and fill out and submit the form at Request Account Deletion
- Information and Data We Collect
We collect two categories of data and information: (1) Anonymous Data, and (2) Personal Information, as each is described below.
- Anonymous Information
When you visit the Sites, we automatically collect certain information about your device (e.g., computer, tablet, mobile phone), including information about your MAC address, web browser, IP address, time zone, screen resolution, OS type and version, non-personal demographic information, including the approximate geographic location, your activity on the Sites and Services including the date and time of your visit, the pages you visit and the length of time you spend on those pages, referring/exit pages, pages of our Site that you visit, the time spent on those pages, the information you browse and search for on our Sites. We may also use clear GIFs or web beacons to track usage patterns of users on the Site or Services. Additionally, we may use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients. and some of the cookies that are installed on your device, as well as other information that does not reveal your specific identity. Additionally, as you browse our Sites and use our Services, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Sites, and information about how you interact with the Sites and Services . We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Anonymous Information”.
We collect Anonymous Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” utilize data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier that allows us to log you in automatically and enhance navigation of the site. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Sites, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you find, browse, and use the Sites and Services so that we can improve your experience and our Sites and Services.
We keep track of certain information about you when you visit our Sites and interact with our Services. This information includes the features you use; the links you click on; frequently used search terms; and how you interact with others on the Services. We also collect information about the people you interact with and how you interact with them, like who you communicate with most frequently.
- Personal Information
We collect information about you when you register for an account, create or modify your profile, set preferences, sign-up for, interact with, or make purchases through the Services, as well as when you engage in chat or forums, post or share photographs, NFTs, videos, audio, text, links, and other content in all mediums (“Content”). For example, you provide your contact information and, in some cases, billing information, when you register for the Services. You also have the option of adding a display name, profile photo, and other details to your profile information to be displayed in our Services. We keep track of your preferences when you select settings within the Services. Personal Information we collect, includes the information and contact you provide, which may include your name; identity data (e.g., fingerprints, retina and other data allowing for secure verification of your identity); birthdate; place of birth; digital wallet address; blockchain address; mailing address; billing address; email address; telephone number(s); credit card information; government issued identification information, financial information, tax identification number, proof of identity, occupation; gender; age; relationship status, preferences and goals; your interests; your image and your likeness; activities; calendar; tastes; opinions; contacts; beliefs; photos; videos; links to websites; blogs; posts; social media profiles; as well as your resources and challenges, companies with whom you do business and interact, and such other information which you may share with us (“Personal Information”).
Your Personal Information is required for you to access and use our Sites and Services (“Applications”) and do such things as (i) post content and join community forums, (ii) purchase and receive products, goods and Services using our Applications, (iii) mint NFTs and other digital assets, (iv) receive payments and engage in exchange transactions; and/or (v) enter into drops, contests, sweepstakes or other activities that provide you with an opportunity to win prizes, receive discounts, recognition and/or value. Your Personal Information will be accessible and viewable by us and whenever such Personal Information is shared publicly or to non-confidential third-parties by you. Through, and as allowed on, our Applications, and pursuant to our Terms and Conditions of Use, you may enter, transmit, upload, publish and communicate Personal Information.
You can delete or terminate your account at any time pursuant to our Terms and Conditions of Use. Once your account is deleted, you will not be able to recover your Personal Information.
- How We Use Your Information
We use both Personal Information and Anonymous Information (your “Information”) to provide you access to, and use of, our Sites and Services, and to authenticate you when you log in to our Applications, to monitor and facilitate transactions for you, and operate, maintain, and improve the Services. We are consistently seeking ways to make our Services smarter, faster, more secure, more integrated, and more useful. We use information and collective learnings (including feedback) about how people use our Services to troubleshoot our Services, to identify trends, usage, activity patterns, and areas for integration to improve our Services and to develop new products, features and technologies that benefit our users and the public.
Specifically we use your Information to do the following:
- Facilitate the creation of and securing your account;
- Identify you as a user in our system;
- Improve the administration of our Services and quality of experience when you interact with our Service, including, but not limited to, by analyzing how you and other users find and interact with the Service;
- Provide you with our Services, including, but not limited to, helping you view, explore, and create NFTs using our tools and connect directly with others to purchase, sell, or transfer NFTs on public blockchains;
- Provide customer support, resolve issues, and respond to your requests and inquiries;
- Investigate and address conduct that may violate our Terms of Service;
- Detect, prevent, and address fraud, violations of our terms or policies, and/or other harmful or unlawful activity;
- Display your username next to the NFTs currently or previously accessible in your third-party wallet, and next to NFTs on which you have interacted;
- Send you a welcome email to verify ownership of the email address provided when your account was created;
- Send you administrative notifications, such as security, support, and maintenance advisories;
- Send you notifications related to actions on the Service, including notifications of offers on your NFTs;
- Send you newsletters, promotional materials, and other notices related to our Services or third parties’ goods and services;
- Engage in marketing activities, including providing you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you.
- Comply with applicable laws, cooperate with investigations by law enforcement or other authorities of suspected violations of law, and/or to pursue or defend against legal threats and/or claims;
- Engage in any other activities for which you provide your consent;
- Act in any other way we may describe when you provide Personal Information;
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) in any manner permitted under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations, business and systems; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of other Users, including you; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; and
- To send you important information regarding the Services or Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, and/or other administrative information. Because this information may be important, you may not opt-out of receiving such communications and continue to use the Site and/or Services.
- Filmio uses a proprietary scoring system to calculate a score for each registered user based on film credit and awards history using machine-aided statistical analysis that considers the user’s role, financial performances, associated projects, awards quality, and numerous other factors. Filmio uses the calculated score (as well as other attributes) to automatically surface individual users and projects to other users for communication, attachment, and investment opportunities based on matched attributes and score levels. This part of the Filmio platform also uses a sophisticated machine-learning algorithm to present opportunities to users based on various factors. The automated surfacing of or inclusion in Opportunities based on Credits Score and other factors applies only to Registered Users who have agreed to the Filmio Terms of Service.
- How We Share and Disclose Your Information
We share and disclose your Information for the purposes described above and as follows:
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Information with third party service providers, such as website hosting, data analysis, payment and credit card processing, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, e-mail delivery services, and other similar services to enable them to provide services to us, including, but not limited to: providing technical infrastructure services; conducting quality assurance testing; analyzing how our Service are used; prevent, detect, and respond to unauthorized activities; provide technical and customer support; and/or to provide other support to us and to the Services we provide. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Sites and Services. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- How We Store Your Information
- Data Protection. We care about the security of your information and use physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through our websites. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, or failure of hardware or software, we will take steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations. You are responsible for the security of your digital wallet, and we urge you to take steps to ensure it is and remains secure. If you discover an issue related to your wallet, please contact your wallet provider.
- Third-Party Data Storage. We store your Information data with our third-party service provider. When a third-party service provider is a controller, they may keep data as well, either for a shorter or longer period. Security provisions include:
- Access to our database and user accounts by third-party service providers is protected with access control.
- Access to the database is limited, not all staff in our organization have full access.
- Data sent from our Sites, Services and Offerings is encrypted in transit where technically possible. We do not actively monitor the security of our databases and need to rely on our processors to notify us of any data breaches.
- Other Important Terms Regarding Our Privacy Practices
- Users With Whom You Share Your Information. We cannot control the actions of other Users with whom you share your personal information, including information contained in any Content you make available through the Services or Site. We do not control how other Users will use or share any information provided by you.
- Protecting Your Information. Filmio uses what it believes to be commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit or provide to us or guarantee that your information on the Services or Site may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, administrative, and/or technical safeguards. Additionally, we will not be responsible or liable to you for third-party circumvention of our security measures. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
- Opting Out of Receiving Communications From Us. You may opt-out from receiving marketing-related emails or other communications from us on a going-forward basis by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below. We will try to comply with your opt-out request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, this will apply to marketing messages from us only. We will not be able to remove your personal information from the database of any other Users with whom you have shared such information or from third parties to whom you have previously authorized us to share such information (i.e., to which we have already provided your personal information as of the date that we implement your opt-out request). Please also note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
- Accessing, Changing, or Deleting Your Personal Information. You can update and change your account information and email preferences at any time by logging in to your account and editing your Settings. In your Settings, you also have the option to Disable your account, which is equivalent to a “soft delete” where your information is still in our database, but not visible to anyone using the Service. If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, delete, or otherwise limit our use of your personal information that has been previously provided to us, you may contact us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below. In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your personal information removed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your personal information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Jurisdictional Issues. We do not represent or warrant that the Services or Site, or any part thereof, is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Services or Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules, and regulations. By providing personal information through the Services or Site, you consent to the transfer of personal information to other countries, such as the United States and the British Virgin Islands, which may provide a different level of data security than in your country of residence.
- Data Access and Control
- General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”). If you are a user in the European Economic Area or United Kingdom, you have certain rights under the respective European and UK General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”). These include the right to (i) request access and obtain a copy of your Personal Information; (ii) request rectification or erasure; (iii) object to or restrict the processing of your Personal Information; and (iv) request portability of your Personal Information. Additionally, if we have collected and processed your Personal Information with your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at: https://support.film.io. Additionally, if you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Sites), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above under applicable EU laws. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred internationally outside of Europe and across national borders, including but not limited to the British Virgin Islands, Canada, and the United States.
- Notwithstanding the above, we cannot edit or delete any information that is stored on a blockchain or by third parties, for example the Ethereum blockchain, as we do not have custody or control over any blockchains. The information stored on the blockchain may include purchases, sales, and transfers related to your blockchain address and NFTs, cryptocurrencies, or other assets held at that address. Information stored by third parties may consist of any public information and content you post. Additionally, there may be information that is required for your to access or use the functions of our Sites, Services, and Offerings. If you opt out of the use of certain information it may cause impairment of the functionality for your use of the Sites, Services, and Offerings, may prohibit the use certain functions, or may require the deactivation of your account.
- Deactivating Your Account
If you no longer wish to use our Sites and Services, please click this link and fill out and submit the form at support.film.io with your request to deactivate your account. Please be aware that deactivating your account does not delete your Information. Your Information remains visible to other Service users and Third Party Sites based on your past participation within the Sites and Services. Also, Anonymous Information will not be deleted. We have the ability to delete some Personal Information on the Services we control and allow you the ability to stop public dissemination on the Sites and Services we control, however, it is your responsibility to delete your Information or request that your Information be hidden on the Sites and Services we control, to the extent allowable, by following the instructions on our FAQs. Please note, however, that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes, to complete transactions or to comply with our legal obligations.
- Terms of Service
The Services and Site are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that individuals under this age, do not use our Services or provide any Personal Information to us. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of eighteen (18). If we become aware that we have collected personal information from anyone under the age of eighteen (18), without permission from that child’s parent or legal guardian, we will take steps to remove that information.
- Contacting Us